Super 16mm Lens

gabor lacza

Dear Gabor

It depends on the model of camera and particularly which lenses come with it... Look at the discussion "super 16 lenses for RX5" where myself and others have discussed Bolex and Switar lenses. If your camera is not a Bolex, tell us what it is and which lenses you have. If you want a super 16 conversion (of any 16mm camera) look at www.design.arandafilm.com.au

Bruce

Dear Gabor

It depends on the model of camera and particularly which lenses come with it...  Look at the discussion "super 16 lenses for RX5" where myself and others have discussed Bolex and Switar lenses.  If your camera is not a Bolex, tell us what it is and which lenses you have.  If you want a super 16 conversion (of any 16mm camera) look at www.design.arandafilm.com.au

Bruce

Dear Bruce,

thanks a lot for your reply...I am thinking about an Eclair ACL or NPR not quite sure yet but Eclair is for sure.It comes with Ang 12-120 lense....

Gabor

I have very good results with Angenieux 12-120 zooms. The BLs that we convert to super 16 come with either this lens or the 10-100 Zeiss. The Angenieux beats the Zeiss hands down for coverage. From 14mm the Angenieux covers the frame but the Zeiss covers from 13mm, then crops from about 15 to 20mm. The lens circle moves in and out.

Of course I am talking about the lens focused on infinity. Start focusing forward and you get serious vignetting.

Bruce