hvr-hd100u anyone?

Dalton Swift

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Dalton!

I spend most of my time in the Super 8 forum but considering my profession, I should be in here more!

Sorry, this post might be a little late. Seems no one here has used the HD1000U. I ordered one and it will arrive tomorrow. I also ordered a Studio 1 XLR adapter for it. I kind of sucks that unless you live in LA, NY, Chicago or the like it's hard to get hands-on test-drives of pro or prosumer level gear. All your left with is B+H customer reviews and online forums.

I've used HD commercially for about a year now but I've been looking for an economical way to dabble in it for my freelance work. I've been a DVX-100 user for a long time now and want to try out some HD on my personal system. Really didn't want to shell out like I did for the DVX years ago so this seemed like a good option for now. I've been a long-time Panasonic fan but they seem to have madde some odd choices lately with their features, formats and pricing.

I found one HD1000U product review online but it seemed to lean toward the event/wedding shooter. I do that and produce amatuer short films as well. Not that my opinion is worth anything, I'll post a review tomorrow for anyone else interested in this camera. Their aren't enough reviews of this out there so hoopefully it will help.

Edited by Kevin Olmsted