Window Help

Hello everyone. I was hoping to get some words of advice and experience. I am shooting a film that takes place entirely during a thunderstorm. Most of the action takes place by windows which face south. The location is an apartment on 11 floor in NYC. The sun blasts through these windows. Shooting with hvx

I am totally afriad of sunshine for this two day shoot. However if there is sunshine what can I do? I really want to use the windows as a source but if it is super bright out I guess we will need to close them. Is there anything I can put on the window? Would nd do the trick. If it is really orange should I put some blue on the windows? Or just compensate with white balance adjust.

I'm hoping it will just rain that weekend.

Any thoughts suggestions or well wishes would be appreciated.

hope i posted this in the correct forum.

Thanks!

-Michael

I think waiting for a rainstorm is pretty risky this time of year. Hear is a solution.

First do you have access to the unit above the one you are shooting and do the windows open. My first recommendation is to shoot away from the windows until the sun sets and then shoot your rain angles until you loose the light or it no longer matches. It may look too dark or too blue for example. Connect a hose to a faucet upstairs and rain the windows. Have someone with an umbrella downstairs to do pr with the people who get wet.

You will only have an hour max so be ready and organized to do that coverage.

Another choice is to shoot in a ground floor unit, put a gray rainy looking backdrop outside the windows, and then dump a lot of rain between the drop and the windows.