what to choose ?!!

Hello all!

I am a Russia based DP. I am currently in preproduction status of a action movie for youth that will be shot with a lot of green screen and computer generated backgrounds and graphics. Initially we were discussing the 35mm production, however, with the amount of the future computer rendered imagery it seems interesting to shoot HD. I am looking at d-20 and Red, since they both look a bit closer to the 35mm equipment quality. My main concern are the lenses that are available for Sony 900, Arri, Red. Arri seems to be ahead with their own line of lenses, but the Red is close by. Any suggestions?

P.S. I have to add that there is currently no d-20 available in Russia as of yet.

Edited by Kirill Nersesyan

Hello Kirill. You may want to check out the HD section in the Cinematography forum. They may have more advice there. HD is a great way to go. For instance, with the SI-2K (Silicon Imaging HD camera), you can actually take the green screen out and put your matte in 'in-camera'. This is only for reference work I believe, but still a great feature. Check out the other forums for more advice.