Anyone shooting in/around Toronto right now or soon?

Luc Allein

This is gonna sound weird. I just moved back here from LA after having a bit of a pre-midlife crisis-crisis. I was working at Panavision and before that was camera pa-ing on a lot of big stuff and did some 2nding and loading too. (I dont wanna name drop but I worked with some of the big boys, and on a quasi regular basis)

I thought maybe Hollywood and camera assisting wasnt something I wanted to do as a career. After even 3 months back in this post industrial nightmare of a city (Buffalo NY) I realized that holy CRAP do I wanna get back into camera. Im already saving up my cash from my crappy old job and will be back in LA and back in Panavision one year from now.

Meantime, Im DYING to get my hands on some real camera gear. Might anyone be working any upcoming weekends in the Niagara Falls or Toronto area any time soon? I'll work in any capacity, I'll work for free, I'll get coffee, I'll run mags, I can load, foot massages, whatever you want. I need some action and there's NO film production anywhere near here, Toronto is as close as it comes.

Also, if I get no replies to this, does anyone know where I can look to find postings for film jobs in Toronto? Should I just call one of the preps at Pana Toronto maybe? I'm going into film withdrawl, I need help.

I know my stuff and I still have my gear. If anyone needs any kind of help I'd be extremely grateful. Just PM me and I can give you a resume and list of references or anything you need. Thanks guys!

Luke Allein

Buffalo