ELD flat panels

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to find where I could buy ELD flat panels to light a car. This is the system Beebe used in Collateral but the panels where made expecially for the shoot by a fabricant of ELD panels their original purpose is to be cellphones screens and of course it was custom built, but I'm sure something similar can be found .

So as I can't afford custom built panels, I was wondering if you guys knew where I could find similar stuff.

This is what they used in Collateral.

vlcsnap49265hk8.png

vlcsnap49715fr8.png

Thanks

Edited by tyno

Ceelite and Flatlite are the same thing, available commercially in various sizes. It is designed to be used for signage or mood/effect lighting.. so the output isn't very high. But it is essentially what you are asking for.

http://www.ceelite.com/

http://www.flatlite.com/

And just a heads-up, the forum rules require that you use a full first and second name.

Edited by Daniel Sheehy

Daniel, I just don't know how to thank you. And don't worry about the output, in Collateral the panels were originally made for cellphones, so the output was probably even lower than these ones. The Flatlite website isn't really good and they don't show the product but I guess it's pretty much the same than ceelite which shows very good pictures.

Thank you

• Premium Member

Try a small 9 watt flouro. Will give you killer light output and still be out of the shot. I used to do ads with electroluminescent material. You can buy it in strips of many sizes, add voltage and go. Output can be bright but not that bright overall in the white range.

I'd have a look at Rosco LitePads. I havn't had anything to do with them, but just from their product info they might be worth a look.

I know their website, but they're not flexible so I'm not sure it's really usefull in a car.

Try a small 9 watt flouro. Will give you killer light output and still be out of the shot. I used to do ads with electroluminescent material. You can buy it in strips of many sizes, add voltage and go. Output can be bright but not that bright overall in the white range.

Sorry for my english I don't know what a flouro is. Could you give me a website where I could find this?

Thanks guys