Sony vs JVC

Bochis

Hello everyone, I will be shooting a short soon and I have a couple of choices for my camera. Sony HVR Z7U and the JVC GY 200; has anybody done a side by side test of this two?

Thank you!

Hello everyone, I will be shooting a short soon and I have a couple of choices for my camera. Sony HVR Z7U and the JVC GY 200; has anybody done a side by side test of this two?

Thank you!

I would use the Sony camera unless you can get the JVC GY 200B, if you want to do anything close to 1080 that is. They both use HDV compression scheme, which I personally don't like. I haven't used the HVR Z7U, but I have used the Sony EX1 and its codec handling is a lot better than anything else HDV I have used, so I would strongly lean towards Sony here.

Edited by Saul Rodgar

• Premium Member

I've used both more than a few time (own both) and would say other than ergonomics and subjective picture tastes, they both make an equally great picture. Mostly it would be about size for me. I like the Sony flip out monitors picture slightly better. Both have good color, adjustment, controls and both are easy to use. You would not do wrong with either in making a short.