Letus EX hire in Europe

Ryan K

Hi everyone,

I'm a D.P working in Belfast and i'll be shooting a slate of short films from the 15th of May til the 2nd of June and had worked out a camera kit with the various directors which included an EX-1 and a Letus extreme. One of the directors was going to buy the adaptor and rent it to production but got cold feet, which leaves me in a bit of a fix.

I'd like to maintain the same camera kit but as production are loathe to actually purchase the adaptor i'm left to find one which either a company or an individual is willing to rent for the duration of the shoot plus a couple of test days. Do any of you folks know of anyone (or are yourself) in possession of a Letus EX with the EX-1 acromat with a nikon mount and would be willing to rent it out? I'm genuinely in a bit of a tricky spot so if anyone can save the day i'd be most appreciative. If anyone can help, in principle, i'll get the production manager to sort out a mutually agreeable rate and the other fine details (courier charges, etc..) with you. The adaptor would obviously be covered under production's insurance and the films are all funded by the Northern Ireland Film Commission so there would be no cause for concern! It goes without saying that 12 days hire of the adaptor would account for a significant portion of its total cost so it can only be mutually advantageous to hire it out - as I say, production cannot purchase a capital gains piece of kit and I can't justify purchasing one myself as I don't use fixed lens camcorders on a day to day basis.

Someone please save the day!

My email address is ryankernaghan@hotmail.com - cheers!