I work for a Non-profit filmmaking society and we just purchased a set of prime lenses for our Arri 3. What is the procedure of testing lenses and the camera. Is there a link out there that outlines the step by step procedure??? I am savy on the camera, but I don't know how to test properly.

I work for a Non-profit filmmaking society and we just purchased a set of prime lenses for our Arri 3. What is the procedure of testing lenses and the camera. Is there a link out there that outlines the step by step procedure??? I am savy on the camera, but I don't know how to test properly.

I don't know when was the last time you had your camera checked in a shop but it might be worth your while to take the camera body and what ever optics you have for it to a cine tech and have him/her pop it up on the autocollimator. This will confirm your flange focale depth and ground glass depth on the body and tell you if the individual lenses are properly set for infinity focus. A good shop will have a thru the lens projector which will point out any other optical problems with the lenses that don't show up on the autocollimator. It's a good way to qualify the camera and lenses for not too much money. Probally less then film testing.

cheers,