Please help me

Sorry if this topic is in the wrong section, I was not sure where to put it.

Would any of you be able to help me?

what are three different types of cameras that are used in News and Current affair programs?

Do not mention Dv or P2 cams please I am seeking other cameras.

If it is not too much hassle would someone also be able to list their accessories?

and Finally could you please tell me 2 types of Light metres and what their used for?

Thank you very much.

It is much appreciated.

Hi Nathan,

In the UK we mostly use digi-beta for news reports, although from my understanding DVcam and HD are used failry often... infact pretty much anything. it all depends on what equipment is on the satelite truck.

accessories for any of these would include a rain cover, spare batteries, camera light, shoulder strap, back focus chart... whatever you can find so that all eventualities are covered.

hope that helps,

ollie

A friend of mine who shoots news in San Diego uses the Sony XDCAM. Sungun, raincover, tripod, batteries. News is quick turnaround, short shelf-life kind of stuff, so they need a format with quality, but it doesn't have to last forever or be of the highest quality (read: most expensive). BetaSP has been the workhorse for a long time, but Digibeta and now HD of different kinds are being used.

Whoops, my bad... forgot about them. SP seems to be fading out a bit over here due to the lack of 16:9 cameras about, although from what i know its still pretty standard on the continent.

XD still doesnt seem to have taken proper root in the UK yet. It'll be a while before it can topple digi-beta from the standard (in terms of news coverage anyway) but i guess its only a matter of time.