Inviting myself to a showing of Red...

Gary McClurg

When I was in Nashville... they had two Reds at a camera house there... all set up...

Murphy's law... that day I had to run to the airport to pick up an actor... in twenty minutes...

So again... when shooting was finished three weeks later... again Murphy's law... the Reds where out on a shoot...

But before I left... I thought it was sort of an invite... to see one... the person asked me if I was in Missouri still... yep.. but I told the person I was going to Nashville...

Now again... my searching the forum skills suck... because I couldn't find that post... again probably more me than the search engine...

So if anyone in this area has a Red to show... a friend and I would like to look..

Edited by Gary McClurg

Use the reduser.net forum. People there are somewhat friendly, in regards to showing off the cameras.

In Fact, some guy called me the other day randomly and told me he had 2 reds. He wanted to collaborate and offered them up for use if I had a project.... I don't know who he is, and I can't see myself asking on that forum to meet up with anyone....

• Premium Member
When I was in Nashville... they had two Reds at a camera house there... all set up...

Murphy's law... that day I had to run to the airport to pick up an actor... in twenty minutes...

So again... when shooting was finished three weeks later... again Murphy's law... the Reds where out on a shoot...

But before I left... I thought it was sort of an invite... to see one... the person asked me if I was in Missouri still... yep.. but I told the person I was going to Nashville...

Now again... my searching the forum skills suck... because I couldn't find that post... again probably more me than the search engine...

So if anyone in this area has a Red to show... a friend and I would like to look..

This Post?

There are not too many posts in the entire history of forum that mention Nashville, whatever that may mean.

This Post?

There are not too many posts in the entire history of forum that mention Nashville, whatever that may mean.

Thanks Keith... I looked for that post and had no luck...

Nashville... come on... the country music capital of the world... :D

No at the time I posted I was heading to Nashville to co-produce another feature film... its now in post...

So that is why I was throwing in Nashville as a search word along with my name and Red...

Once again thanks...

Gary

Use the reduser.net forum. People there are somewhat friendly, in regards to showing off the cameras.

In Fact, some guy called me the other day randomly and told me he had 2 reds. He wanted to collaborate and offered them up for use if I had a project.... I don't know who he is, and I can't see myself asking on that forum to meet up with anyone....

Sucks that you feel this way about the red forum, but I do understand. You will find though that it is rather easy to "ask" and actually meet up with some of us who own cameras. And some of us owner/operators are actually experienced, union professionals... as well as fan boys.

It really sucks that RED is being met with such apprehension, but in all honesty, the camera rocks. I can't see myself going back to anything else. And I love ARRI's.

If you ever make it to Hawai'i, feel free to look me up.

I've heard that AC Inc in nashville got a few reds in.

I'm sure they'll be happy to show you.

I know... that is the house that had the two Reds I could have looked at but I didn't have the time...

They did tell me they liked the cameras... but still were not happy with the post workflow...

Also a dp who shot the feature I produced in Nashville works with them a lot... thought that camera still clips in daylight... I heard that this is suppose to be taken care of in build 16... but then again I heard it was taken care in an earlier version as well...

Edited by Gary McClurg