Recommendations on a decent camcorder

Hello

I am heading to a formerly conflict affected area to shot a doc. The issue is I need to use an obtrusive camera....which means I will have to rely on a camcorder. Any recommendations on a camcorder that will offer the most manual features and takes decent enough shots would be most welcome!!!!!

Thanks

Hello

I am heading to a formerly conflict affected area to shot a doc. The issue is I need to use an obtrusive camera....which means I will have to rely on a camcorder. Any recommendations on a camcorder that will offer the most manual features and takes decent enough shots would be most welcome!!!!!

Thanks

Canon Optura 20 is what I use, other options include the Canon HV20, Sony HC1, or if you need total unobtrusiveness I've gotten solid results from the Canon TX1, which is about the size of an overgrown cig lighter.

Canon Optura 20 is what I use, other options include the Canon HV20, Sony HC1, or if you need total unobtrusiveness I've gotten solid results from the Canon TX1, which is about the size of an overgrown cig lighter.

Thanks ALOT!!

I'll second the HV20. Since you need something camcorder-size, what the HV gives up in manual control it makes up in a great image, decent low-light properties, and the ability to capture 24p. And they're coming down in price