Does anyone know this website?

Guest Giles Sherwood

Guest Giles Sherwood

Hi there. I remember a website from a while back that was basically a list of articles this one director/film teacher wrote that included things like a production assistant handbook, the guy's view on film vs video, and a bunch of other stuff. I think the color scheme was black, white, and red and the layout was very simple. Maybe there was one black and white photo of the guy on it.

There was a lot of pretty good information on it, but I can't remember the guy's name or anything. Does anyone know the URL of this site?

Thanks,

Giles Sherwood

I love this guy's site. I like how he tries to give film students a dose of reality:

http://www.rondexter.com/filmschool/opport...m_and_video.htm

Sadly I think it will fall on deaf ears, I certainly haven't seen any evidence to the contrary in all of the recent film school grads I've met.

They are all minutes away fro becoming millionaires and living on a yacht. Certainly paying dues isn't in any way attractive to them.

R,

off topic, richard. what's Dark Reprieve doing these days?

Just finished the theatrical release in Canada. You can check the site to see some of the press I got http://www.darkreprieve.com

Also wrapped up at the Cannes Film Market two weeks ago, more territories sold.

In the next two weeks I'll hear back on a TV sale and DVD in Canada which I am handling.

Other than that it's a wrapped project that is in sales mode, and making some money. Not retirement money, but some money.

And I'm onto my next project, which is in development....script writing, location scout, potential crew, etc etc etc.

R,