Buying a 7kw Zenon

Tony Brown

I have no trouble understanding Tony. Unfortunately I have no idea about Xenons.

So you don't think he should attempt to enlighten us as to what he needs it for, his price range, his location?

I guess we could all waste a tonne of our energy and time trying to guess his needs.

• Premium Member
Howabout a complete sentence? This is probably the least descriptive post I've ever seen on Cinematography.com.

And exactly what form of embellishment would you prefer? An eight point star?

Thanks Max

• Premium Member
So you don't think he should attempt to enlighten us as to what he needs it for, his price range, his location?

I guess we could all waste a tonne of our energy and time trying to guess his needs.

Budget is whatever a 7kw xenon costs and they ship so location irrelevant. As to what a cinematographer might use it for........

Never mind - I'll ask elswhere

• Premium Member

Hey Tony,

I have used these 7ks before:

http://www.arclightefx.com/bl7k.htm

It worked fine, did what a Xenon does. That company sells and rents, though they are based out of the US (though I am sure they ship, but it is a little tricky if you wanted to see it first).

I am sure there are a few other companies that sell them, though I'm not too sure who they are, I'll ask my gaffer.

Kevin Zanit

Budget is whatever a 7kw xenon costs and they ship so location irrelevant. As to what a cinematographer might use it for........

Never mind - I'll ask elswhere

Listen, I'm not trying to be a smart-ass. Obviously you're going to use it to expose a piece of film in a camera.

But I doubt a source in the United States or Sub-saharan africa is going to interest you if you're in Antarctica. . .

I happen to know a pretty good supplier of lighting equipment & related equipment in my neck of the woods, but obviously with lighting, the shorter the journey, the better. Also, shipping costs can have an effect on price, especially with the current issues with the cost of fuel.

• Premium Member
Listen, I'm not trying to be a smart-ass. Obviously you're going to use it to expose a piece of film in a camera.

But I doubt a source in the United States or Sub-saharan africa is going to interest you if you're in Antarctica. . .

I happen to know a pretty good supplier of lighting equipment & related equipment in my neck of the woods, but obviously with lighting, the shorter the journey, the better. Also, shipping costs can have an effect on price, especially with the current issues with the cost of fuel.

Gee you think?

I'm not sure a couple of $k shipping will make too much difference to the price of a a 7kw xenon

It really makes no difference where it comes from Karl - I assure you

Gee you think?

I'm not sure a couple of $k shipping will make too much difference to the price of a a 7kw xenon

It really makes no difference where it comes from Karl - I assure you

OK, here you go. . .

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/category/116...ing_Studio.html

It's not so much the price of shipping, it's the inherent dangers of shipping fragile equipment across an ocean that I was thinking of. I've had it "make a difference" twice now.

• Premium Member
It's not so much the price of shipping, it's the inherent dangers of shipping fragile equipment across an ocean that I was thinking of. I've had it "make a difference" twice now.

I would never buy a piece of equipment as expensive as a 7kW Xenon without getting a good ATA transport case for it - which solves the safe shipping issue.