Updated Reel

the HD stuff looks pretty good. but it looks like you didn't zoom in all the way with the 35 mm adapter. you got little black marks on the edges of the frame. Im certainly no pro. just wanted to give you a heads up if you already didn't notice

• Premium Member

That is known as vignetting and is probably applied in post (although not necessarily). It is an effect that leads the eye towards the center of the frame and you'll see it everywhere once you start looking.

I thought that vignetting was undesirable in this kind of work... but it seems like he likes to use a lot of diffusion so I would understand if he preferred it...

Vinetting can be a desired application, it depends on the artistic merits. My wife uses it in her still work quite regularly. It's right there with lens flares and flashing frames. All "no no's" but if used right, can be good effect.

Hi guys,

i just updated my demo reel, this is the link: http://www.vimeo.com/1148787

Any thoughts and feedback would be truly apreciated.

Thanks

Herminio Cordido

dop@thebestproductions.ca

The fight scenes were well shot, but the action looked fake. Nothing wrong with your work, just saying.

I tagged the first half as from the EX1 instantly. A trick I learned to better camoflage the EX1's look is to insert an 85b filter before you color balance. It increases the gamma curve just enough.

Rather heavy on the extreme colored lighting, which is neither a good nor a bad thing if that is what you are playing up.

The slow-motion on the briefcase looked jerky. Don't know if that's in the footage or the codec.

All in all very good work.