Super 8 film catridges for sale

George Ebersole

I have five cartridges of unused Super-8 film;

3 x Ektachrome 160, ELA 464 (50ft, 15m)

2 x Type G Ektachrome 160, EG 464 (50ft, 15m)

If interested, respond here or send me a private message.

I'd do $3 for each, as there are few labs left able to process it anymore.

Does anyone even shoot Super 8 anymore?

Yes, lots, but as Nate pointed out the film you are selling is long discontinued and therefore very expensive to process. It's actually less expensive to buy and process some fresh current stock than to process the old stocks. IOW, you'll have trouble giving them away.

Rick

Does anyone even shoot Super 8 anymore?

Tons, Kodaks released a ton of new stocks over the past few years. The issue in this case is that this particular filmstock is difficult to process, and very VERY few labs can now handle it. Each roll will run more to process than for me to buy a brand new roll, process it, and have it put on DVD. I'd buy them only for the cartridges, ripping out the film and inserting new stock. (I have a freezer with some double super8 ready to be loaded, once I have some carts)

Hey Rick,

What's the latest with Sleep Always?

Still chugging along, though sales have slowed. Some more screenings may be coming up, which I will post.

Congrats on your format getting in the list of cine film formats on Wikipedia. You're famous, Dude.

I am glad to see that it is Mitch Perkins who is credited with that, as I did not have much to do with it. I like that Sleep Always is the first known work shot in widescreen super 8. I'll happily take credit for that since I have done all the PR.

Rick