Hi filmpeeps,

This being my first post, i hope i'd put it in the right place.

I'm looking for my first 8mm camera to buy, not too expensive so i'm searching the net for 2ndhand and nosing through this great list of cams

http:// www. kolumbus.fi/puistot/list.htm ... all very instructive.

Since I love overcranked shots, especially ramped (like raging bull) here the following question:

Are there 8mm camera's you can overcrank manually?

Tnx!

Hi filmpeeps,

This being my first post, i hope i'd put it in the right place.

I'm looking for my first 8mm camera to buy, not too expensive so i'm searching the net for 2ndhand and nosing through this great list of cams

http:// www. kolumbus.fi/puistot/list.htm ... all very instructive.

Since I love overcranked shots, especially ramped (like raging bull) here the following question:

Are there 8mm camera's you can overcrank manually?

Tnx!

Regular 8mm, Single 8mm or Super 8mm, first of all, so I can help guide you to the right location?

Regular 8mm, Single 8mm or Super 8mm, first of all, so I can help guide you to the right location?

Oh yeah.. :blink: super 8mm... I think.

To be honest I've only worked with digital before so I don't really have good reference... so if you want to convince me different, feel free to try.

Oh yeah.. :blink: super 8mm... I think.

To be honest I've only worked with digital before so I don't really have good reference... so if you want to convince me different, feel free to try.

Super8 is the best choice (altho Single8 is good, just harder to get film for).

Ok, how much overcrank are you looking for? My Chinon can go to 32fps within-shot, with the 32fps being a press-button so super-easy to do.

I've got a Sony HD handy that handles 75fps, but only for 4 seconds. But the 75fps I like very much though.

Just now seen a Beaulieu 4008 ZM 2 that goes stepless till 70fps... but it has no timelapse function :huh: While most cams have that... just my luck <_< <-- this function I really can't miss.

thanks for the quick reply Nate!

I've got a Sony HD handy that handles 75fps, but only for 4 seconds. But the 75fps I like very much though.

Just now seen a Beaulieu 4008 ZM 2 that goes stepless till 70fps... but it has no timelapse function :huh: While most cams have that... just my luck <_< <-- this function I really can't miss.

thanks for the quick reply Nate!

There is one model that can do over 100 fps, but can't remember the name off-hand.

Nate, I don't know if you have much experience with different brands and models,

but do you know (or anyone else reading this) if it's a common feature to change the framerate stepless? 'cause it doesn't always say so on available sources.

Nate, I don't know if you have much experience with different brands and models,

but do you know (or anyone else reading this) if it's a common feature to change the framerate stepless? 'cause it doesn't always say so on available sources.

Fairly uncommon in my experience.