Red lenses with 35mm

• Premium Member

If you can afford to shoot 35mm, you can afford nicer lenses. I haven't worked with the primes but the RED zoom was atrocious. It felt like it would fall apart any moment and the lack of proper witness marks is a BIG problem.

• Premium Member
The Red primes aren't available yet anyway.

Ah, didn't know that. In any case, they'll just be poorly marked S4s. I don't know who thought of making all of the markings in red. It's an awful idea. It doesn't have to be very dark at all before the red markings blend into the black barrel and you can't see them without a light anymore.

To the RED people: There is a good reason the major lens companies use yellow markings on a black barrel. Don't screw with what works.

You're swimming against the current. From what I've heard and read here and elsewhere, the Red people are gobbling up 35mm lenses everywhere, causing the market to spiral upwards and totally out of control.

Thanks Jim Jannard. . .

• Premium Member
Ah, didn't know that. In any case, they'll just be poorly marked S4s.

The Red lenses are marked yellow as far as I can tell from pictures. The Cooke Red Edition also has yellow focus marks.

• Premium Member
The Red lenses are marked yellow as far as I can tell from pictures. The Cooke Red Edition also has yellow focus marks.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that the RED edition cookes would be S4s bus marked in red. My mistake, I guess.