Local 600 Test - Study tips

Hey, I am on the waiting list to take the AC test for joining the union later this July. Any tips on what to study? I am currently working on filters (function and compensation), Mags, Clapper (what info and where).

I know there is so much more to study! Please point me in the right directions. Thanks ahead of time.

Make sure you go to all the review sessions, they are really helpful. Study the different cameras and their characteristics too- what makes one different from the other. And take photos at the review sessions, I think that helps a lot of people. Good luck!

• Premium Member
Ha ha, will do!

Also check out the downloads section of Panavision Australia's website. They have a great section of downloadable PDF camera manuals for panavision, arri, aaton, panasonic, and sony gear. This website has many (if not all) of the same things in the "manuals, docs" section. I forget what it is called but it's way down the forum list.

Both are great free resources to study.

Last tip of the night: for arri stuff, check out their quick guides. It's the stuff you need to know about a particular system. They leave out all of the more specialized stuff you might only need to refer to once (like how to make fireworks appear in your arricam video tap) and cover the stuff you'll need all the time (like how to remove the gate of an arricam for cleaning).

Thanks guys!

I went to the Able Cine Test review and realized how much of a review it was! I feel much better about the test at the moment. I am interested to see how the Panavision and Arri test reviews will be. I would love to test myself against the filters/compensation/ASA conversions. In the mean time, I am going to study the camera manuals and go over to Able Cine and practice loading the mags.

Thank you for your pointers and if you think of any more, please post them!