Question: Anyone know where to rent DBeta Decks in Toronto?

Evan Winter

Hey all,

I'm up in Canada for a sec and need to complete some post work on a vid. In L.A. I could rent DigiBeta decks for $300/day and that included a monitor... Alas, I fear this will not be the case in Toronto (Sim video quoted $700/day). However, I haven't given up hope yet. Does anyone have any ideas/tips/clues about where to rent DBeta decks for around $500/day or cheaper?

Thanks!

Evan

Edited by Evan Winter

Hey all,

I'm up in Canada for a sec and need to complete some post work on a vid. In L.A. I could rent DigiBeta decks for $300/day and that included a monitor... Alas, I fear this will not be the case in Toronto (Sim video quoted $700/day). However, I haven't given up hope yet. Does anyone have any ideas/tips/clues about where to rent DBeta decks for around $500/day or cheaper?

Thanks!

Evan

Evan,

Try contacting Panavision Canada in Toronto. Get a qoute from panavision they transfers cameras and decks world wide and could make a tranfers if need for your shoot. Ask for the DVW A500 deck or the DVW250 a portable deck.... good luck and all the best!

Mark August

Hollywood Ca

Panavison Canada

Address 900A Don Mills Road

Toronto, Ontario

M3C 1V6

Canada

Phone: 416 444-7000

Thanks for the suggestion Mark!

I'll give Panavision a call. I didn't think Panavision did day rentals on DBeta decks. Shows how much I know. :)

Thanks again,

Evan

Edited by Evan Winter