Lithium batteries for Super 8

Alan Brown

Anybody know if the new energiser lithium batteries work ok in Super 8 camera's? You know the ad blurb: "if normal alkaline batteries take 90 photograghs from a digital camera, energiser lithium batteries will take 600!"

Sounds great if they work ok with the older technology!

• Premium Member

If you mean these than I can say that we used them in various Bauer and Nizo cameras, with indeed extended power supply. In principle, there is no issue in respect to using alkaline or lithium interchangeable in one device, such as a film or digital camera.

What I personally find important is the increased leak resistance. Old batteries were sure to leak earlier than anticipated - and yeah, I preach as well to remove them when storing the gear but hell, I can be lazy too - and at the most inopportune moment. Never had a problem with Lithium batteries so far. So their decade-plus shelve life seems to hold true, maybe?!?

In this test review of a German website, the reviewer - however - exactly shows disappointment that the Lithium 2 product generation leaks earlier than the original one. So watch out after all...

EDIT:

Just noticed: the German text discusses Energizer Lithium, but the pic shows the new Energizer Titanium e2 models, so there's an inconsistency there between photos and texts. Just that the reader is aware of that...