Volkswagen Rabbit Spec Ad

This was shot last November but I recently finalized the one CG element in it and the cut - it has been sitting mostly done for quite some time but I can officially say - this is the FINAL CUT.

Take a look - if you have any feedback, i'de love to hear it. I am seeking representation as a commercial director/dp so its great to hear what worked and what could have been better.

http://www.j-four.com/videos/VW.mov

Looks pretty. Did you shoot film? What camera, stock and lenses did you use?

I have some issues with the script, mainly that the rabbit gets trapped in the box as the children run away. Personally, I think there is very little tension about the waiting for the rabbit to take the bait. That may be just me, but I would have made it more about waiting for the rabbit to come for the carrot than setting up the trap.

And the word rabbit at the end should have been spelled Rabbit, as it is the car, not the rodent you are ultimately referring to.

My 2 cents . . .

Edited by Saul Rodgar

Looks pretty. Did you shoot film? What camera, stock and lenses did you use?

I have some issues with the script, mainly that the rabbit gets trapped in the box as the children run away. Personally, I think there is very little tension about the waiting for the rabbit to take the bait. That may be just me, but I would have made it more about waiting for the rabbit to come for the carrot than setting up the trap.

And the word rabbit at the end should have been spelled Rabbit, as it is the car, not the rodent you are ultimately referring to.

My 2 cents . . .

I shot Super 35mm 3-Perf on the BL-4 with a set of Zeiss Standard Speed Lenses. I shot it on Kodak 5279.

Good point about the spelling of the Rabbit. I think I will capitalize the "R".

Thanks for the response!

Nice picture.

but dude, totally off. Like the other guy said, no tension. Maybe you should introduce something more expectant, if 'THE RABBIT IS BACK', then it's gotta be 'AH!!!'. Btw, i had to watch it 2 times cuz i didn't know it was a trap they were making.

KIDS are nice bro, but don't be afraid to use controversy. Like, firecrackers, or matches, stuff kids shouldn't play with. I don't know, JUST push the limits.

Don't take me wrong, but whatever. you work with DDB or just got their referral?

• 2 weeks later...