Gluing or adhering reflector to shiny board

Steve Goodloe

I have two shiny boards that the students here at Montana State have ripped off all of the flakes on the soft side of the boards. I purchased some Lee 273 Soft Silver Reflector to replace it with, however I have had a difficult time trying to find a good adhesive that will stick without creating bubbles. Any ideas for a good adhesive for this? I have tried Gorilla Glue and Rubber Cement with no success.

Thanks

Steve Goodloe

Repair Desk Manager

Montana State University

There is an aerosol spray adhesive that you can get at art supply stores that works pretty good. Be sure to spray both the reflector and the board before you make contact. Doing this will insure good contact.

I have used this method in a pinch to glue regular aluminum foil to foam core. It is a year later and I still haven't thrown those reflectors away because they actually work pretty good.

• 4 weeks later...

Another thing that works pretty darn well is getting some of the shiny metallic spray paint and applying that directly to foam core. no wrinkles to worry about. comes in silver and gold. i think they have a textured version for a little softer bounce as well.