XDCAM EX-1 System Crash/Freezing ??

Spencer Kiernan

I am using a brand new XDCAM EX-1 for the first time, and it keeps freezing up after only a few minutes of use. The problem happens in both stand-by and record mode. Has anyone else experienced this?

We thought it might be a power problem, but it happens both with Lithium Ion Battery use as well as with wall connector power adapter use. When it freezes, the entire camera becomes non-functional and none of the buttons will respond, including the ON/OFF switch. The only way to restore camera functionality is by disconnecting the power source (which I'm assuming cannot be good for the camera). And from the looks of it, we are running the original firmware and not the update.

Your help in advance is greatly appreciated. And my apologies in advance for any double posting of this. We are at the beginning of a 2 week shoot in a third world country and are pretty desperate to make this work (We've already had to cancel a day and can't afford to do it anymore).

Thanks again,

Spencer

Well, you've already tried with line power vs battery so you've eliminated one possible problem there. Have you tried with and without SXS cards in the camera? It seems like a major system crash to me, especially considering the power switch is inoperable as well.