Paint Settings on HDW-700

Andrew Sobey

• 3 months later...
Anyone know a good source for reading up on how to tweak paint settings? The only things I can find from Sony say something like, "if you're not a video engineer don't bother". Well, I'm not an engineer, but I'd still like to take a crack at it. Suggestions?

Yes, find a good tech. Really, its the only way. I spend almost 5 days tweaking to get it the way i wanted. I got help with a great tech, and he could translate my willings/needs onto all the menus. I spend hours shooting, looking back, tweak again untill i got what i wanted.

All i can say now that i love this camera. I shoot IMX50 and HD, just change the setting and your ready. its good to be able to serve more clients becose all of the systems this camera can handle.

Hi Andrew,

You don't need an engineer to work the paint menu.

The engineer is there to work the matrix and solve any errors within it.

As a DP its your job to know how to manipulate the paint menu to achieve the look you are after.

The only sure way is as Job stated.

Test.

You'll get there once you've explored it.

P.S I nearly forgot, remember to save your 'look' on a memory card. And I would even write them down.

Edited by Serge Teulon

Hi Andrew,

You don't need an engineer to work the paint menu.

The engineer is there to work the matrix and solve any errors within it.

As a DP its your job to know how to manipulate the paint menu to achieve the look you are after.

The only sure way is as Job stated.

Test.

You'll get there once you've explored it.

P.S I nearly forgot, remember to save your 'look' on a memory card. And I would even write them down.

Of course you can adjust the paintsettings yourself, Just dont bother with the matrix is what i mean. Same with the sensor settings, you can adjust the chip aswell, but thats for the tech to do.

Lensfile's etc etc