Sony Z1 freerun problem

Michal Slusarczyk

Hello

First time in my life I was forced to shoot video (HDV) with 2 Sony Z1 cameras. I set freerun and synchronized both cameras using remote control.

Later turned out that timecodes of these two Z1 are not the same! At the beginning everything was fine. Problem started later.

What could be the reason? Internal battery? Did anyone have such problem?

Is there any other way to synchronize Z1s and keep them running fine?

Thanks,

best regards

MS

Hey Michal,

The first two things I would check is if one camera was set to non drop frame and the other set to drop frame. This could cause it.

Another possibility is that one camera was set for TC Preset and the other set to Regen, that could also cause discrepancies in your timecode.

When do you first start to see your timecode lose sync? Could you describe the issue with a bit more detail?

Best,

-Dave

Hi

Thank you for reply. Unfortunately I am not able to describe the issue with many details.

Cameras were set to non-drop frames (50i).

During the shooting I checked TCs after 30 minutes from the synchronization moment. TCs seemed to be OK.

Later I got information from editor that TC is out of sync. Biggest difference was around few minutes and it appeared after few hours from the beginning. I don't know if it was slowly increasing or it just jumped in suddenly.

I am unable to get more information now. I will be back in some time and will provide more details.

Preset-Regen I didn't check...

best regards

Michal