Nd filter for 200t outdoors

Lisala Dolo

Hi i shot some super 8 footage with 200T and an 85b filter on a Nizo 4080 - I was very happy with the results apart from the sky being over exposed (

)- flagged up as too much luminance on final cut pro. Will an ND filter of some type help out or is there some other way ?

Also I use the wide angle atatchment alot on the same camera (over 100mm diameter)- does anyone know of a suitable matte box or a diy solution - as much as i like lens flare i could do without it alot of the time.

Thks Lisala (Professional sound recordist - Amateur camera)

Hi i shot some super 8 footage with 200T and an 85b filter on a Nizo 4080 - I was very happy with the results apart from the sky being over exposed (
)- flagged up as too much luminance on final cut pro. Will an ND filter of some type help out or is there some other way ?

Also I use the wide angle atatchment alot on the same camera (over 100mm diameter)- does anyone know of a suitable matte box or a diy solution - as much as i like lens flare i could do without it alot of the time.

Thks Lisala (Professional sound recordist - Amateur camera)

Yeah, you can use graduated filters. Although the pro version usually mounts on a matte box filter holder tray, there is a system that may work screwing it directly on the Nizo lens.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/4466...r_ONLY_for.html

You just have to find the right size adapter ring and graduated filter you want. The Z Pro is the biggest filter system, and you may find something for your wide angle adapter. Although if you just want to flag the sun, something like this may work:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/3286..._Flag_Only.html

Thanks for the great links - are these cokin type filter holders much better than the screw on photographic types ? - obviously they are easier and quicker to change and like you say all of the shoots i work on(sound recordist) the cameras have these type on the matte box.