Addison Road - Hope Now Music Video

Hey guys,

Shot my first music video about 3 weeks ago and it's finally up on temp site so the band could look at it and give feedback.

The band is Addison Road and they are amazing. Their song, Hope Now, has really taken off for them on a lot of radio stations across the US. I was really glad to be able to shoot it for them.

Technical notes.

Shot the video on the Panasonic HVX-200 with the Letus Extreme, and a 3 Nikon primes...24mm, 50mm, 85mm.

Shot in 720, 24PN...some shots were overcranked to 60fps.

Grip and Lighting came from MP&E in Dallas, TX (www.mayovideo.com). I would fully recommend their trucks and service.

We had a 1 ton truck with all tungsten, kino flo, a 1.2 HMI, genny, track and dolly.

We shot in Tehuacana, TX at the sight of the original Trinity University back in the late 1800's. The building was amazing, completely old and worn down. This location really fit the band and their song.

We shot from 6 a.m. to 1 a.m. with about a 3 hour break on a Saturday, and then a half day on Sunday. Our crew consisted of a director, 4 grips and myself. I would have loved having 4 more helpers on this set, but then I wouldn't have gotten a lot of exercise. :) The building was a 4 story building with no elevator. We shot on 3 of the levels and had to move equipment by foot. This was annoying.

All in all, I had a ton of fun on this shoot and I really enjoyed shooting a music video.

I am very pleased at the way the video came and working with the band was awesome. The link is Addison Road Hope Now Music Video. It's in an H.264 codec.

Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks alot.

Edited by Josh Pickering

Guest Rod Blackhurst

Some of these shots are beautiful!

How did you light the girl in the first dolly/singing scene where the camera switches rooms and she's singing? I'm hoping you had a 10x in front of a 10K or something, nice soft light (need to use this idea soon).

Cheers,

Rod

Some of these shots are beautiful!

How did you light the girl in the first dolly/singing scene where the camera switches rooms and she's singing? I'm hoping you had a 10x in front of a 10K or something, nice soft light (need to use this idea soon).

Cheers,

Rod

Hi Rod,

Thanks for the comment. In the room where the guy was looking out the window was all natural light. When we switched rooms via the dolly to the girl singing, she was lit with a 2 ft. 4 bank kino flo using daylight balanced bulbs. The light was positioned just above the camera once the dolly entered the room and came to rest. I love kino flo's. Every shoot I want to make sure I have a set. Thanks for the comment Rod.

Josh