Younger DP looking to network with key grips in LA

Alex Fallas

I'm about to finish up film school and am working on a couple of short films in late October and November as DoP. So instead of doing the usual film school garb and recruiting some directing student to key grip and treating it as a low life job.. I really want to network with some people who really want to be pro grips. Both of the shorts I'm working on actually require someone who can build speedrail and make rigs and actually do stuff besides the usual set a solid on a c-stand.

So hopefully any of you younger guys who just want to add some stuff to your resume, and hopefully (and best!) getting a really great working relationship together so I can have a reliable crew if I get somewhere. Anyone interested? I also guarantee fun, great crew, and good food (I make sure my guys and gals get treated right especially if they're working pro-bono)

Edited by Alex Fallas

I'm about to finish up film school and am working on a couple of short films in late October and November as DoP. So instead of doing the usual film school garb and recruiting some directing student to key grip and treating it as a low life job.. I really want to network with some people who really want to be pro grips. Both of the shorts I'm working on actually require someone who can build speedrail and make rigs and actually do stuff besides the usual set a solid on a c-stand.

So hopefully any of you younger guys who just want to add some stuff to your resume, and hopefully (and best!) getting a really great working relationship together so I can have a reliable crew if I get somewhere. Anyone interested? I also guarantee fun, great crew, and good food (I make sure my guys and gals get treated right especially if they're working pro-bono)

I can help you there I am located in LA area. tho Directing is my passion lighting come naturally to me. I know plenty of people who will work with me but I am the most proficient technically out of the whole group. I also have an aspiring cinematographers I work with who shot over 40 indi digital films. so we can certainly connect if you want. I work best as a good support for lighting and cinma tech. I love to work with film and I am no stranger to digital.

Shoot me an email and we can chat some more. You can never have to many contacts.

Trip...

Edited by Robert Sawin

I'm certainly not a key grip, but I have been gripping for close to a year and a half on student and indie projects. I can lay dolly track and put speed rail together, and I am basically handy with mechanical and electrical things. If that sounds good to you, send me an email.

Thanks.

John