Elmo 1012 xl

Rolando Fernandez

Hello to all super 8 fans, I found a new item to my super 8mm collection , an Elmo 1012 xl near mint condition

for $140.

Someone has shoot with this type of camera?

It looks very impressive.

http://super8wiki.com/index.php/Elmo_1012_S-XL

Thanks.

I've been an Elmo fan since I bought a mint Super 106 at a yard sale for $20 about 16 years ago. i still shoot with that camera and it has been a solid workhorse and still runs beautifully with great registration and good optics. I recently bought a 1012XL on ebay for $180 because I need something for low-light situations. I just got the test roll back from Spectra and watched it today. Very crisp image and good registration. I'm very pleased with the results and will post some footage when I get it digitized.

This is a great alternative to the very pricy Nikon R10 and Canon 1014XL. The Elmo 1012XL was the company's top-of-the-line camera at the time it debuted, and has some nice features. It's also a big, hefty camera, mostly because of the sound recording system that is pretty much useless today unless you can find sound-stripped film. Just shoot double-system like the pros.

I highly recommend this camera. Hope you get a good one. Mine came in good shape and running order. I'm having Spectra lube it to get it a little quieter. Should purr like a kitten when I pick it up.

Very good camera-- big, too, an attention getter with the lens hood on.

Lots of them around, well recommended-- the 612 is the same camera with smaller lens.

A nice thing about them- the manual meter override is mechanical, not electrical, which means that if your meter breaks, the aperture can still be set by twirling the dial-- a very nice and rare feature in later S8 cameras.

• 2 weeks later...