KONVAS 2M FOR SALE??

Daniel Porto

• Premium Member
Thanks but there has to be something cheaper out there!

Yes, that's a little pricey and it's a converted 1M. Keep you eyes peeled on ebay, that's probably your best bet. But you're going to pay between $2000 and $3000 for a decent kit (body a couple of 400' mags, crystal motor and 3 to 5 lenses). If you aren't stuck on the idea of the OCT19 lens mount think about the 1M with the OCT18 mount turret. ebay seller sovjak has one for about $1k, 3 lenses, mags and the crystal motor which is worth $600 to 700 on its own.

Bruce Taylor

Yes, that's a little pricey and it's a converted 1M. Keep you eyes peeled on ebay, that's probably your best bet. But you're going to pay between $2000 and $3000 for a decent kit (body a couple of 400' mags, crystal motor and 3 to 5 lenses). If you aren't stuck on the idea of the OCT19 lens mount think about the 1M with the OCT18 mount turret. ebay seller sovjak has one for about $1k, 3 lenses, mags and the crystal motor which is worth $600 to 700 on its own.

Bruce Taylor

Bruce

Thanks for the reply!

At the moment I have a Konvas 1M with 7 lenses (28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 75mm, 135mm, FOTON A-3 70-280mm and just yesterday received a 75mm front anamorphic). The FOTON A-3, I bought off russian_market (I am guessing this is Sovjak) and the lens just needs some collimation.

I also have 6 mags (one 400ft and 5 200ft), a non-sync motor and a crystal sync motor SO I DO HAVE A PRETTY NICE COLLECTION, however, I thought it would be cool to own a 2M because then it allows me to convert to PL mount and I also could find a mount to convert from OCT18 to OCT19 (although steve tells me that this may no always work) and then I could use a wider range of lenses.

At the moment though I am looking for an anamorphic gate and the 50mm rear end for the ananmorphic lens I have (which is for the 1M). If anyone knows of anyone with one email me at danthemanporto@hotmail.com

THANKYOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!

DANIEL

• 3 weeks later...

Daniel, if you're still looking for that 2M body check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Konvas-1KCP-1M-35mm-Mo...1QQcmdZViewItem

It's listed as a 1M BUT it's got the OCT-19 mount so unless it's a conversion, which I doubt, that's a mistake and it might work for you. You know you can also occasionally find the front with the PL mount installed already so you COULD convert your camera.

Edited by James Steven Beverly

Thanks for the link James. It certainly does look like a mistake on the listing... the camera looks pretty beat up but since these cameras are just so tough it should be ok. Why would the camera say it is a 1M when it so clearly looks like a 2M???

And James and I am still waiting on Steve looking at my anamorphic lens so the pictures shouldn't be too long away :)

Dude, I would just bid on it and if a 1m arrives which is NOT what's pictured, get your money back through paypal, return the camera and post a complaint to Ebay. HE'S got everything to lose, not you. I personally think he just screwed up but I wouldn't wake him up to it if I were you let his screw up be your serendipitous fortune besides a 2m in that condition with so few accessories is probably only worth about what he's asking anyway so it's not like you're cheating him, you're merely stopping some fool from pushing the price through the roof by NOT volunteerily providing unsolicited clarification and information which is NOT in your best interest. If someone else lets him know, fine, but that's up to them. You can always assume this camera IS a converted 1M in which case he's not mistaken. IIII tend to doubt it simply because of the wear patterns but it is possible it was an early conversion, who knows.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi! :)

I have a Konvas 2m for sale... From 1991 I think. No lenses, good condition (full service 2 years ago) has 4 x 120m mags and 2 x 60m mags, 2 batteries (not too good) and extra gates. All for $1000 + shipping from Norway.

Mathias

I am interested in purchasing this... do you have pictures which you could send??

Please send to danthemanporto@hotmail.com

Thanks