Pathe 16 BTL doulight

jukka sillanpaa

I bought couple weeks ago from local flea market Pathe 16 BTL duolight (electric) camera at price 20 euros!

Here is one picture of it:

http://www.filmshooting.com/scripts/gallery/16mm/PA310027

Do you anybody have manual for that camera and could you advice where I'd find a new battery for it or how to recell the old one? The camera seems to be in good shape, I have only 50 Som Berthiot lens for it, so I have to start searching the suitable c-mount ones from ebay. It has many great features like single frame, 8-18 (stepless), 25, 32, 48, 64 and 80 fps, variable shutter, b-mode for time exposure, pilot tone, automatic exposure, 30,5 m and 122 m film capacity etc. and I'd like to get that one serviced very soon.

Have anybody else the same camera?

According to Jurgen Lossau's camera book Pathe manufactured them years between 1974 and 1981.

Best Regards

Jukka Sillanpaa

• 4 months later...
I bought couple weeks ago from local flea market Pathe 16 BTL duolight (electric) camera at price 20 euros!

Here is one picture of it:

http://www.filmshooting.com/scripts/gallery/16mm/PA310027

Do you anybody have manual for that camera and could you advice where I'd find a new battery for it or how to recell the old one? The camera seems to be in good shape, I have only 50 Som Berthiot lens for it, so I have to start searching the suitable c-mount ones from ebay. It has many great features like single frame, 8-18 (stepless), 25, 32, 48, 64 and 80 fps, variable shutter, b-mode for time exposure, pilot tone, automatic exposure, 30,5 m and 122 m film capacity etc. and I'd like to get that one serviced very soon.

Have anybody else the same camera?

According to Jurgen Lossau's camera book Pathe manufactured them years between 1974 and 1981.

Best Regards

Jukka Sillanpaa

Dear friend: any specializes battery store can recell the hand grip batt,which is a 500ma 12 V one.You can also feed the camera with an external batt,such as those used by many video cameras,like a 12v 2Ah one,which is small and convinient.With that batt you can roll a lot of 100 ft.spools.Another tip: for individual frames exposures,time is not very accurate.There will be some flicker,due to small variations in exposure time frame to frame.Well,let me know

how it goes.Good luck! My private mail is : jdl16352002@yahoo.com.ar