FIRST 35MM SHORT FILM - Sei-Ow-Hai

Hello ALL I recently just shot a short film on 5218 short ends and used a Konvas 1M, and also with a Sony VX2100.

I am looking for everyone and anyone's point of the view on the photography and view of the film in general (both positive or negative).

Check it out here:

http://www.vimeo.com/2295609

Thankyou for your time!!

DANIEL

First let me start by saying I enjoyed this movie.

The sound was spot on which is nice to finally see. I liked the lighting and the focus. There were a couple of shots that had too much head room, the first and the last being among them. The shaky camera at the begging I understand was for effect but there should've been a little less I feel.

The acting was good but not great. The old guy was a little over the top at times. Also, as for the soldier who was yelling shoot these people, I was wondering why he didn't just shoot them themselves. And why he would walk directly behind people hes ordering to be shot. I don't believe a soldier would do that. Other then that this was really well made.

First let me start by saying I enjoyed this movie.

The sound was spot on which is nice to finally see. I liked the lighting and the focus. There were a couple of shots that had too much head room, the first and the last being among them. The shaky camera at the begging I understand was for effect but there should've been a little less I feel.

The acting was good but not great. The old guy was a little over the top at times. Also, as for the soldier who was yelling shoot these people, I was wondering why he didn't just shoot them themselves. And why he would walk directly behind people hes ordering to be shot. I don't believe a soldier would do that. Other then that this was really well made.

Thankyou for your honest and detailed feedback!

The comment about the sound makes me happy considering that 90% of the whole movie was ADR and post-foley!

I agree with your comment on the shaky camera at the beginning, I also felt that it was too shaky. In an ideal world I wanted that whole sequence to be steady, however because of time and money constraints this was not possible.

The old guy was only a student actor and it took forever to get a performance out of him... and obviously this performance felt fake and contrived.

I also agree to a certain extent about the soldier holding the women and walking behind them, however at the end of the day I can always come back with the reply... its film not reality lol with that being said it just reminds me of a little word called 'reception context.' That is the place in which you watch a film determines your reaction to it. 9/10 people watching it in a darkened room might not notice things like that because are in only concentrated on the action and are 'in' the story. However, show it to various people on vimeo on a computer (where the surroundings aren't ideal for a watching a movie), and 6/10 people may notice all of the problems/errors.

BUT I THANKYOU AGAIN FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!

DANIEL PORTO