Night shoot in the woods

DJ Kast

I was Just hired as gaffer on a feature for the first time in my young career, and wouldn't you know it, the film involves a lot of exterior night scenes. This wouldn't be a huge problem, except for the film takes place 90 miles from humanity, and the only light should be comming from moon, or fire for a few scenes. A lantern and a flashlight is used very sparingly.

We have a small lighting package(arri 2ks and smaller) and limited grip gear. I'm probably going to hoist an 8x8 foamcore at a 45 degree angle on c stands as high up as possible and from the ground bounce 3 to four 2k's into it and use this as a key- 3/4 backlight, and use a small amt. of foamcore as slight fill. Firelight will be used when the Actors are in the vicinity of fire.

Here comes the question: Will this work? I've been racking my mind, and it seems like the most effective way to mimic moonlight with what we have. I welcome any Ideas.

P.S. Did I mention it's in wisconsin, in December, and day for night is out of the question!

Any help is hugely appreciated.