Even Better Than the Razzies, Top 11 "Nuking the Fridge" Moments of '08!

K Borowski

http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/collections...idge/fp#photo10

I have to admit, "Twilight" wasn't something I went to see for the story or cinematography, but regardless, I don't think this is any better than seeing two "I Know Who Killed Mes" and contributing, monetarily, to the evil cycle that allows these mind-numbing moments to continue to mar film emulsion. I also admit to deriving a certain amount of pleasure from the "Nuking the Fridge" scene that the article derives it name from. Far worse, in my opinion, was the "Shia see, Shia do" Tarzan-esque Jeep chase. But shoot, I saw that too.

I AM happy that I did NOT condone cell phone call from the center of the Earth through any sort of monetary contribution, though. Any other silver screen shame-worthy moments that don't grace this list?

• Premium Member

I was thread-surfing IMDB the night "Nuke the Fridge" was born. I thought it was funny. It was a little surprising how fast it took off and caught on. I started the "I dated the fridge" thread. But it didn't last long with "Nuke" running like it did. "Nuke" was a genuine internet phenom.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, I saw that lil' blip when checking my email, and I gotta say, I'm real glad I decided not to see any of those films, with the exception of "Indiana Jones." It's just little things like those that ruin a film for me, or at least make me think a bit low of the film.

And to maybe add to the list, and I know I might get some complaints for this, is one of the scenes from The Dark Knight, when Batman's "Bat-cycle" weaves perfectly through two or three lamp posts at top speed before doing that insane 180 turn up and off the wall of a building. Now I have to admit, when I saw it happen for the first time in a theater, I was cheering with the audience. But when I saw it with my friend at home, we both looked at each other and chuckled a little bit. His reaction was "What is this, Star Wars?" hah.