AJ HPX2100 problem with powersupply

Robert Nickolaus

After doing some shoots with the camera on a colded lava stream it was not possible to turn it on again. Changing battery, take away all external elektronics (monitor ...), connecting external power supply, using the breaker; nothing helped. Another camera same problem after some shoots. Just a little Sony EX1 worked without problems.

Does anyone know this problem? How can I prevent it? How can I reactivate the camera?

Is it really a problem of the strange magnetism and voltage on a volcano?

• Premium Member
After doing some shoots with the camera on a colded lava stream it was not possible to turn it on again. Changing battery, take away all external elektronics (monitor ...), connecting external power supply, using the breaker; nothing helped. Another camera same problem after some shoots. Just a little Sony EX1 worked without problems.

Does anyone know this problem? How can I prevent it? How can I reactivate the camera?

Is it really a problem of the strange magnetism and voltage on a volcano?

Are you using the same power supply for both. That could be the problem. No, no magnetism or strange earth beams would do it. Is it hot there? Heat can damage the internal power supply of a camera. Is it moist? Humidity is a cameras worst friend. I'd look into the power supply first as this camera has an auto cut off if it detects a problem.

Are you using the same power supply for both. That could be the problem. No, no magnetism or strange earth beams would do it. Is it hot there? Heat can damage the internal power supply of a camera. Is it moist? Humidity is a cameras worst friend. I'd look into the power supply first as this camera has an auto cut off if it detects a problem.

I had different power supplies. The heat should not be the problem. I worked with this camera in areas with higher temperature. Same with humidity. And the auto cut off: There was no way to reactivcate the camera using the breaker after leaving the place and after returning to germany.