Chicago Area Camera PA seeking experience

I've been shooting my own crappy micro budget shorts for a couple years and freelancing on paid event video shoots (NOT what I want to do with my life) for a few years. Since this summer I've been avidly attempting to gain more experience in the camera and lighting department on film sets (film/HD format). While I have had a couple worthwhile gigs, I haven't had as much lucks as I would have hoped (too many unpaid craigslist gigs where ppl don't know wtf they are doing), but I feel like I have some solid knowledge considering my experience and I am 100% committed to my work.

If there is anyone that needs a camera PA in the Chicago area, I would be more than happy to help out especially if you're shooting on film. I have a lot of experience shooting with the HVX200 w/Letus 35 and other video cameras but very little film experience.

I have experience working in most areas of the camera & lighting department on low-budget HD sets including: 1st & 2nd AC, camera op, DP, Gaffer, and Grip/Electric.

Some of my micro budget Directing/DP/Editing work from about a year ago (and older) can be seen on my site at:

http://salsunproductions.com/video.htm

Feel free to e-mail me at salil(at)salsunproductions.com for more information.

Even if it is a small project, if I'm free I might be interested anyways.

Also, if anyone has any advice for me, I would love to hear it. My main sources of jobs have been mandy.com, craigslist.org, and a couple great contacts I've made.

PS: Be sure to replace (at) with @ incase it wasn't obvious.

Edited by Salil Sundresh