Web Site, Photography & Reel

Manfred Lopez

Hi

I am a relatively new poster here, but have been a longtime reader. So anyway, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in giving me some feedback on my new web site, photography work and reel. They can be found here:

www.manfredlopez.com

Thanks.

Hi

I am a relatively new poster here, but have been a longtime reader. So anyway, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in giving me some feedback on my new web site, photography work and reel. They can be found here:

www.manfredlopez.com

Thanks.

First, a technical note.

You can use the code below to insert clickable links into your posts.

[url = "http://www.yoursitehere.com"] www.yoursitehere [/url]

The site is well designed, though some of the pages take a lot of scrolling. You might consider using subpages. I enjoyed the photographic work.

Hi Manfred,

It's a nice site overall. Everything loads quickly and navigation is intuitive.

I would cut the slates from your reel (they add nothing but time) as well as the close-up of the objects on the office desk. The flickering green light on the first "Nightshots" scene looks a frequency rate issue in camera, so I'd remove that sequence.

You have identical framing of the man sitting at the bar, sandwiched by the cutaway to the girl. I'd use the two shot and nix the one of him alone.

Why do you have the titles "Available Light and Black and White" and "Nightshots"? The viewer doesn't need to be told that footage is black and white; that's unnecessary information, and the "Nightshots" section is a mix of interiors, night exterior and daylight exterior, so that's quite confusing. Are you trying to identify the shooting conditions to show your versatility?

On your bio page, the phrase 'as well as extensive literary development knowledge' sounds awkward. Detailing how you've applied that knowledge on projects would sound stronger. Giving details about why CEFILM was dissolved introduces negativity. I would focus on the positive, your accomplishments with CEFILM.

Thanks for the feedback. Mike, I especially liked your feedback. It's probably the most helpful one I have received so far. Sometimes it's hard to promote oneself and trying to be objective at the same time to see how one is coming across. And with this site I am introducing so many new elements at once that many details will invariably be looked over. Thanks again.

And Ross, it's very encouraging that you like my photography work. It hasn't really been seen in public before so I don't know how people might react to it since a lot of it crosses into abstraction. Thanks again.