Daylight flourecent mix.

Hi,

Tomorrow i am shooting an office scene with big windows(daytime). I plan on using the office florescence. i am shooting 7217 200t with an 85 filter. I have minus green from a tungsten shoot i went on but everything for this shoot will be balanced daylight. would i be better off using the -green and correcting the lights to tungsten then having the lab correct the tungsten out? or should i not correct at all and let the lab time it out?

oh and if i get there and realize i don't have enough light i may use 7219 w/85 instead of the 17 stock.

make sure those fluoros REALLY need to be corrected with minus green, sometimes available fixtures are all mismatched so checking first would be recommended.

there are lots of options really but if you dont mind a bit of mixing in temperatures you could replace al the fluoro fixtures with 55w white tubes or something that gives you 3200k and leave the daylight uncorrected. ive seen it done lots of times and it works really well.

Seamus McGarvey often does it, he likes mixing temperatures. or you could swap them with T5 daylight fixtures and have everything daylight, so your temperature is the same. or you could switch the fluoros off and see what happens with just daylight coming through the windows...

where is your window facing at? south? north? what time will you be shooting at? check where the sun is going to be, that can be another important factor

all the best

F