Making stingers

Dan Collins

I know some G&E companies make their own stingers. I know that the hospital-grade hubbles can be found at hardware stores easily, but does anyone know about the cable itself? Is that pre-manufactured too? Can that be bought in small amounts (to make just a few stingers) easily?

Any advice or tips are good too.

• Premium Member
I know some G&E companies make their own stingers. I know that the hospital-grade hubbles can be found at hardware stores easily, but does anyone know about the cable itself? Is that pre-manufactured too? Can that be bought in small amounts (to make just a few stingers) easily?

http://www.productionadvantageonline.com/Bulk-Power-Cable/

Or any place that sells it cheaper

If you are in the LA area, Filmtools (www.filmtools.com) seems to have the best prices on stingers that I have seen. Raw cable is less than what you pay at the home centers. I'm a DIYer by nature, but their prices for ready-made stingers was not much more than what it would to make them myself.