how to process 7363 hi-con 16mm as a positive.

Ara Mah

well, first post, i just finished shooting my film and i have a lot of rolls to process, can't wait to see the results! i already processed a 7266 bw tri-x reversal, and it turned out beautifully. my question is, how can i process my hi-con 7363 rolls as positives? do i use the same thing as reversal? or is there any other way? i already know how to process 7363 as negative, but i need to know how to do it as a positive. anyway, help?

Thanks.

well, first post, i just finished shooting my film and i have a lot of rolls to process, can't wait to see the results! i already processed a 7266 bw tri-x reversal, and it turned out beautifully. my question is, how can i process my hi-con 7363 rolls as positives? do i use the same thing as reversal? or is there any other way? i already know how to process 7363 as negative, but i need to know how to do it as a positive. anyway, help?

Thanks.

This film is designed to be processed in D97 B/W positive developer. It is mainly used for shooting titles. The term negative and positive is really irelevlent. If you shoot black letters on a white background you will get white letters on a black background after processing, if you shoot white letters on a black background you will get black letters on a white background.

If you used a rostrum to shoot a b/w photograph the result would be a negative, if you shot a negative you would get a print.

You can also process 7363 as reversal, in which case you would get a positive if you start with a positive and a negative if you start with a negative.

It was quite common in the past to use high contrast stock with reversal processing and start with white letters on a black background to produce white letters on a black background for superimposing. You avoid problems with flare which can occur when photographing black letters on a white background.

You can download a datasheet from Kodak at

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploadedFil..._lab_h15363.pdf

Brian

Brian

This film is designed to be processed in D97 B/W positive developer. It is mainly used for shooting titles. The term negative and positive is really irelevlent. If you shoot black letters on a white background you will get white letters on a black background after processing, if you shoot white letters on a black background you will get black letters on a white background.

If you used a rostrum to shoot a b/w photograph the result would be a negative, if you shot a negative you would get a print.

You can also process 7363 as reversal, in which case you would get a positive if you start with a positive and a negative if you start with a negative.

It was quite common in the past to use high contrast stock with reversal processing and start with white letters on a black background to produce white letters on a black background for superimposing. You avoid problems with flare which can occur when photographing black letters on a white background.

You can download a datasheet from Kodak at

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploadedFil..._lab_h15363.pdf

Brian

Hey Brian, thanks a lot for the info and the data sheet. Last time when i processed my hi-con stock, i used D-19 to develop and then wash which gave me the inverted image. now i want to process it as reversal, but i'm not sure if the developing time would change a bit.

do u have any idea as to how long i should develop the hi-con? the first developer time in the reversal was 5 mins.

Thanks again.

Hey Brian, thanks a lot for the info and the data sheet. Last time when i processed my hi-con stock, i used D-19 to develop and then wash which gave me the inverted image. now i want to process it as reversal, but i'm not sure if the developing time would change a bit.

do u have any idea as to how long i should develop the hi-con? the first developer time in the reversal was 5 mins.

Thanks again.

I don't have a time for 7363 but I would start with the same time you used for negative processing.

Brian