Editting Software

Austin Michaels

I have Final cut 4.5 right now and i am saving up for the Final Cut Studio 2.

I would like to learn all about the studio so when i get it i dont waste to much time learning it.

Does anyone know any good tutorials for it? (motion, soundtrack, color, etc..)

Also is there other programs out there in that kind of price range better?

Hi Austin,

There are a couple of good options. One is Lynda.com. You can subscribe for a month (I think it's like $25) and watch the tutorials there as many times as you want. Take copious notes as they say.

There is also, this site:

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/fcp_homepage_index.html

I haven't spent a lot of time there, but it looks like some good info.

Of course hands on is the best way to learn. So you might still have some learning to do when you get the Final Cut Studio and that should be filled with a lot of other great tutorials.

Tom

thanks well i can do hands on at my school which has it. I am still in Highschool so i still have a ton to learn and enjoy :)

Do you know how i could make the video B&W and have this one color come out only? like a person in a crowd thats only color and the rest is B&W

One way is to draw a mask around that person and animate it from frame to frame, then desaturate the background layer. Or there is a plug in in AfterEffects called Leave Color, but something like this, is pretty advanced. You can always experiment, but I would try not to get too frustrated as these skills, take a lot of time to develop. Software is good, but you still need a skillful person to make it work.

Hope that helps.

Tom

Ya i am trying to advance my skills as a videographer but my teacher can't teach me anything else. Want to learn about lighting and setting up shots for amazing editing techniques.

Do you know of any summer editing classes in the West United stats? i live in Arizona