The new XL

david Frankham

So the 5d mk2 can shoot full frame 1080 video, but people aren't happy...

I'm curious why is it that no one is talking about/ getting excited about the obvious next step?

A full frame XL (HD/24p...) with the ability to use (any) 35mm lens and the low light capabilities that Canon has proven with the 5d...

Could this finally put an end to all those tragic dof lens mounts?

I can't wait for NAB.

• Premium Member
So the 5d mk2 can shoot full frame 1080 video, but people aren't happy...

I'm curious why is it that no one is talking about/ getting excited about the obvious next step?

A full frame XL (HD/24p...) with the ability to use (any) 35mm lens and the low light capabilities that Canon has proven with the 5d...

Could this finally put an end to all those tragic dof lens mounts?

I can't wait for NAB.

I've been keeping a lazy eye on the 5D MII. I would enjoy hearing what about it that is making people unhappy with it. It would be useful to know its weaknesses in advance.

I've been keeping a lazy eye on the 5D MII. I would enjoy hearing what about it that is making people unhappy with it. It would be useful to know its weaknesses in advance.

it has a HUGE rolling shutter issues as it is a photo camera and not really made to be make films with. and it shoots in h.264... highly compressed not able to color correct it really with out major image degradation. people mark this camera as some kind of miracle thing because they here 35mm and full frame HD, but there is a major catch and there is a reason a red still costs 17gs.... the technology isnt quite there yet to make something like this...but I'm sure it will be one day.