please help

Hi there,

Im trying to draw up a new resume / CV at the moment, and am having a few problems. It'll probably help if i explain my position first.

I work as a broadcast technician at a hire company. Its not my dream, but its a good job and i enjoy it, and more than this, it affords me exposure to equipment and technology that i wouldnt have usually. The technical side of things fascinates me, and im very happy with that part of my situation. I love the fact that i get to use f900's, RED, the occasional F23, Varicams, and learn about how different pixel arrays work for various sensors, workflow for XDCam etc etc... basically all the things you'd expect from a technicians job.

However, more than anything i want to start using this technical experience and knowledge to my advantage working as a camera trainee, hopefully in the future working my way up. But at the moment i am having real trouble translating this technical experience into a resume which will help me get on set jobs... actual camera work. Yes i know my way around camera menu systems and what certain systems can do, but i dont have any real on set experience with them, just stuff ive picked up in the office, and as such, nothing to put on a resume for freelance work.

Ive done a handful of jobs in the last few months which can help, but not enough that it looks impressive, more just something thats been tagged on.

I guess my question is this:

How can i build a resume up for trainee / assistant work, out of purely technical experience.

Or, should i forget that, and just write a technical CV, and send cover letters with them explaining that yes, this is a technical CV, but what i really want is to get on set experience.

I think really it boils down to me wanting to get trainee work and, at some point in the future move away from the kit room, but not really having the experience to make a resume for it.

If anyone has any suggestions i'd be really appreciative, and if anyone would be willing to take a look at what ive written so far for my resume, and maybe give me some pointers, i will forever be in gratitude to you.

Many thanks, and longing to hear some opinions,

Ollie