uv lighting using kodak vision 500t

hi,

i'm trying to find out if this film speed will expose objects illuminated in uv light, (with little or no white/yellow light around) this is for the super 8 comeptition therefore this is the fastest film speed available.

thank you :)

Ronald.

You might actually have to *filter out* UV because film is natively sensitive to UV in the blue channel.

As far as photographing the fluorescence effect, it should be possible, but you will need a very bright UV light source or multiple sources, and the fastest lens possible, probably something with a T-stop in the ones.

You might actually have to *filter out* UV because film is natively sensitive to UV in the blue channel.

As far as photographing the fluorescence effect, it should be possible, but you will need a very bright UV light source or multiple sources, and the fastest lens possible, probably something with a T-stop in the ones.

thank you for your help!

i am interested in photographing the fluorescence effect, and i have a few light sources, two 230v strip lights and a led board a friend of mine made, i'm using a super 8 braun nizo 801 macro, (which is my only option) and i don't think it has additional lenses (that i can obtain) do you think the lens will be sufficient, if not i may have to rethink my whole idea....... :unsure:

many thanks.

Ronald.

thank you for your help!

i am interested in photographing the fluorescence effect, and i have a few light sources, two 230v strip lights and a led board a friend of mine made, i'm using a super 8 braun nizo 801 macro, (which is my only option) and i don't think it has additional lenses (that i can obtain) do you think the lens will be sufficient, if not i may have to rethink my whole idea....... :unsure:

many thanks.

Ronald.

If you use the supplemental lights, unless you do it very, very, very carefullly, they are going to overpower and effectively mask the fluorescence of the UV sensitive material.

Herein lies the problem. . .

• 2 weeks later...

Hey.

I shoot a short last fall on B&W, plus x (rated at 64iso), where I lit some faces with UV-light.

My experience was that the UV-fluorescents I had was to weak, thus a CU was my only option.

I did tests on analouge stills to figure out how to expose. My light meter gave me strange readings

and I felt I couldn´t trust them. Also when I tried to test the lights with a digital camera, the

UV-filter on the sensor took all of the light away.

Another thing I did was to compare the wavelenghts of the source (the information should be somewhere on the WWW..)

and the sensitivity of the film I Nanometers..

On set, my production designer had some UV paint at hand and I used that to enhance the effect in certain parts of the frame.

Good luck.