Canon 9x5.2 SD lens

Geoff Nelson

Hello all, I am new to this forum and have a quick question for those of you shooting 16:9 (and also 4:3)...I recently upgraded to a crossover lens and now must sell my Canon 9x5.2 SD Wide Angle lens with a 2x extender...is this something that SDX-900 users would be interested in or is everything now HD? (or a dinosaur?) I have read some posts here of people looking and or recommending this lens...Thoughts or any marketing advice? Thanks from Seattle.

I'm not really sure what you question is. The Canon 9 X 5.2 W/A lens is a good, solid performer. It's of a current enough design that it's still valued - a lot of them are still being used in the industry. It is, as you say, an SD lens, but the Panasonic SDX 900 is an SD camera.

A crossover lens is not manadatory for shooting either 4 X 3, or 16 X 9. Most people investing in new lenses these days prefer HD, only because people are looking over the next horizon, and everything will eventually be shot in HD. And, since lenses can outlast cameras, it makes sense to buy HD glass. The downside is that for ENG/EFP style zooms, the HD lenses cost an additional 5 - 10 thousand.

E-Bay is probably a good place to try and sell your lens if you prefer to do it yourself. Depending on the condition of the lens, it may be a good idea to have it serviced before listing it.

Good luck,

Ken Z.