The Difference between 35mm lens adapters and full frame

I was interested in finding out what the main difference is going to be between using a 2/3" camera, such as an HPX500 with one of the many 35mm adapters and a set up 35mm lenses such as Ultra Primes or Master Primes, vs using something like the RED which needs no adapter and can take those lens right on board.

Also are there any links online I could see visual examples?

What is the main quality difference and when would one or the other be at an advantage?

I was interested in finding out what the main difference is going to be between using a 2/3" camera, such as an HPX500 with one of the many 35mm adapters and a set up 35mm lenses such as Ultra Primes or Master Primes, vs using something like the RED which needs no adapter and can take those lens right on board.

Also are there any links online I could see visual examples?

What is the main quality difference and when would one or the other be at an advantage?

A camera that can handle a 35mm lens such as the red, will give you the pure image quality that the lens provides. The 35mm adaptors are simply trying to mimick it. They also eat up a lot of light through prisms that degrade the image to give it a more filmic lok, not to mention flip it around for the monitor. They are cumbresome and tricky to work with but the image quality is much better than witht he camera's on board lens. Remember that depth of field is tied also to the size of your frame. Just like 16mm has less DOP than a 35mm, a 2/3" chip can never compare to the super 35mm chip size of a red camera. This is what makes it superior to the rest of the digital cameras out there.

• 4 months later...

I own and rent out LETUS adapters.

I have the Letus Ultimate and Letus Elite... Both with all Lense mounts including PL mount, and the ROD SYSTEM needed for your camera.

These adapters only have a light loss of 1/2 stop. They are the best in the market.

Call me:

Joel

JOEL DEUTSCH, SOC

Director of Photography / Cam Op

Local 600, IATSE

EvidenceProductions.com

• Premium Member
I own and rent out LETUS adapters.

I have the Letus Ultimate and Letus Elite... Both with all Lense mounts including PL mount, and the ROD SYSTEM needed for your camera.

These adapters only have a light loss of 1/2 stop. They are the best in the market.

Call me:

Joel

JOEL DEUTSCH, SOC

Director of Photography / Cam Op

Local 600, IATSE

EvidenceProductions.com

Is there any way you can advertise your rentals in the classifieds, or in threads where it is asked for (i.e. the OP is Where can I rent....)? This is the second thread I've read tonight that ended in an unsolicited advertisement by you and, to be honest, it's very annoying.