Canada cinematography school advice request

Of course, Google is a good informer but I would like to hear straight from you: Anyone know a good Cinematography School from Canada who will accept me?

I am a 31 years old editor from Romania and I want to study in Canada for cinematography specialization. I want also to emigrate there after finishing the school. I am already graduated in arts but with specialization in image editing at Bucharest Film School (UNATC), Romania. I want to make a loan in Canada as an international student and to pay after finishing the school. I heard that is possible. Any advices? Thanks a lot!

I looked to going to a canadian film school for a while (im a US citizen btw), and let me say that canada is worse than the US when it comes to immigration. Theres a 3 month waiting list just to have your application seen for an educational visa, and worse if you so much as jaywalked when you were 4, they want to know about it and retry you for it. Once schools up, they force you out of the country, and since applying for work visa takes even longer than an educational one, including the fact that you have to prove your worth, its an impossibility for students to get a job right out of school.

Your better of staying in europe if you want to go to school, theres no real advantage to going overseas.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi dan , St michaels school is a good cinematography institute but it would be a little expensive, why don 't you consider Asia for doing your cinematography course , Asian education is considered to be the best in film making & animation and the course structure does not concentrate in one domain only , in fact Whistling Woods which is located in India is one of the largest film schools , they also help with the loans , you can always ask the counselors help to ensure you get the best .. have fun

http://www.whistlingwoods.net/main.asp