LOVE IS LIKE A SONG

Habari (hi),

I am currently prepping for a low-budget music video to be shot later this week. I had written about it in the 'Off Topic' section of the site,had a few differences with the client on the concept. Fortunately, we managed to sort it out and are now moving forward. More on that here:

http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=37290

The concept is simple and straightforward. The song is a reflective jazz number about a woman that the artiste is in love with. We have structured the concept to mirror the title and we are basically drawing a parallel between an artiste trying to write a song and the development of a new-found relationship.

The main location is an out-of-town cottage. We settled on it mainly because it is low-cost, but also because it has a rustic, wild feel to it-kind of like new love I think. It also borders the Nairobi National park and we ought to get some interesting shots of the surroundings.

The budget is super low. Our gear consists of a Sony Z1, a Dolly, a couple blonds and a couple reds. The DP will be pulling all the tricks up his sleeve to make it work. Tomorrow,we will go to the location for rehearsals then if all goes well, D-day will either be on Thursday or Sunday. I will keep you posted on how it all goes.