Studie cinematography

Hey everybody,

I would really appreciate your advise on good filmschools/universities that focus on cinematography.

I already have a bachelor in Journalism Studies and I did an intensive course of Filmmaking and Acting at the New York Film Academy in Los Angeles, but it's always cinematography that i love to do, so please tell me how you enrolled in cinematography.

I've seen a Masterprogram in Cinematography at UCLA, but it takes 4(!) years ! And also an extreme amount of money. (I'm from Europe, so I might not get a proper scholarship for these schools)

Or maybe there is another way than filmschool that got you into cinematography? I googled all my favorite directors and a lot of them actually never went to filmschool. :rolleyes:

So please give me some advice. I'm open to schools everywhere around the globe! (Of course i like the US and the UK or Italy better than let's say Japan ;) )

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey domnique, looks like you have quite an experience in this field , truly said ULCA charges a lot of money ,and 4 years is very long , but it give quality education though , why don't you try out education in Asia , the Education system in Asia is really great , in fact Whistling Woods International is a great place to study and it wold cost you less comparatively , to my knowledge they are having a two year course and also one year crash course , why don't you try over there .. here is the link ..

http://www.whistlingwoods.net/main.asp.. best of luck